Affording justice: How to reduce the bill for criminal legal aid...a paper by Oliver Sells QC, Andrew Warnock QC, Hamish Common(May 2013)
Democracy Must Prevaila paper by Anthony Speaight QC(January 2013)
A Response to the Commission on a Bill of Rightsby Stanley Brodie QC (November 2012)
If you would like to join the Society please click here to download the application form.
There are two types of membership:
Full member: £25
Younger Member: £12.50 (law students, pupil barristers, trainee solicitors and lawyers within 2 years of admission or call)
All new applicants must support the objects of the Society:
- To uphold the principles of justice and democracy and of the individual freedom and liberty of the subject
- To support the Conservative Party
- To consider the legal and political aspects of proposed legislation and of administration and to make recommendations thereon to the Conservative Party in Parliament
- To consider and promote reforms in the law and in its administration and in the organisation and practice of the legal profession
- To act as a centre of discussion of Conservative ideas and of legal and political questions generally
- To provide speakers and assist in finding candidates on behalf of the Conservative Party
- To publish and to assist and promote publication of literature in pursuance of the objects of the Society
- To co-operate with other organisations in pursuance of the objects of the Society.
Once your application form has been received by the Administrative Secretary it will need the formal approval of the Executive Committee at their next meeting. You will be contacted after the meeting. We look forward to welcoming you to the Society.
Membership Application Form - to complete online and submit or to print out and post.